Aext 392:: Lecture 04 ::INDIVIDUAL CONTACT METHOD
INDIVIDUAL CONTACT METHODS
1. Farm and Home visit
- Using natural and easy language with appropriate local dialects
- Visiting the remote areas and people hitherto untouched
- Reminding the farmers about the recommendation by different ways of
repetitions as a reinforcement technique.
- Be prepared to have some specimens, literature, seed samples etc., so that it
can be supplied to the farmers, if need be.
- Review previous contacts
- Visit a cross section of farmers so that the favoritism may be avoided.
2. Office calls
- Office room should have a mini-information centre
- An alternative technical person must be made available in the absence of the extension worker
- Sincere interest must be shown in the visitor's problem.
- Direction sign to extension office must be visible to the farmers.
- Choose the cooperators carefully
- Consider the interest of majority of farmers
- Involve the audience in all steps
- Organise field days, trips and visits of people to the successful result demonstrations.
- Keep records, use the data information generated from the demonstration for success story, photos, slides, radio talk etc.
- Rehearse the skill teaching practices to perfect the method demonstrations.
- Orient the extension workers towards the steps and techniques of conducting demonstration.
- To conduct method demonstrations, divide the practices into different steps and organise in sequence.
- Work out cost: benefit ratio and explain about the utility value of the recommended practice.
|Download this lecture as PDF here|