AEXT 392 :: Lecture 05 :: GROUP CONTACT METHODS
GROUP CONTACT METHODS
1. Group meetings
- Avoid use of too many technical terms
- Illustrate the ideas through visual aids
- Be convincing
- Avoid contradictory ideas
- Quote authority to support the statements
- Always remember the heterogeneous nature of audience
- Identify all potential persons among the group and entrust him the responsibility of leading the discussions
- Involve al people in the deliberations
- At the end of the discussion, chart out the action steps to be taken with the involvement of people.
2. Circular letter
- Specific needs and interests must be highlighted
- Thought provoking beginning is advisable
- Printing/cyclostyling must be neat
- Personal touch- personal references adds value to the contents
- Single purpose-for each subject matter/ problem and separate circular letters must be prepared on a series basis.
- Highlight the seriousness of the problem. It should answer all possible doubts.
- Enumerate what the audience can contribute to alleviate the problem
- Use a courteous conclusion
- At the end of the circular, the contact address may be furnished to clarify further on the subject.
3. Field trips
- Identify right type of participants who wish to derive benefits out of the field trip.
- List out right type of places to be visited, which have direct relevance to the farmers' needs.
- Arrange the visit at opportune time.
- The audience must be prepared before the visit
- Proper labeling must be done in the fields and the researcher/farmer must be able to explain with clarity to the visitors.
- Arrangements must be made in advance to exhibit posters depicting the innovation on the way leading to the fields.
|Download this lecture as PDF here|